Work With An Attorney To Keep Your Driver’s License

The suspension or revocation of your driver’s license is a common penalty for driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI). Your best hope of keeping your license is to have an experienced attorney represent you at your hearing.

As a lawyer with more than 16 years of experience, I can advocate for you throughout the license suspension or revocation process as well as represent you at your administrative hearing. I am Phil Morin, a criminal defense attorney and the founder of Phil Morin Law Firm PLLC. I understand how important your driver’s license is for your job, your family, your social life and many other facets of your life. Because I have helped so many clients retain their driving privileges, I understand the steps to help you keep yours.

What Happens At An ALR Hearing?

If you refuse to take a blood alcohol test or a breath test or you blow a blood alcohol content (BAC) higher than .08%, the court will automatically suspend or disqualify your driving privileges. However, you may request an Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing to contest the results. This is the process of an ALR hearing:

  • Within 15 days of the court suspending/revoking your license, you may request a hearing.
  • The state will mail you a notice with the date of your hearing.
  • At your hearing, your attorney will present your case for license reinstatement before an administrative law judge.
  • The judge will either uphold the suspension/revocation or reinstate your license.
  • If the judge decides to uphold the suspension or revocation, you have the right to file an appeal.

I understand the administrative steps of requesting a hearing or filing an appeal. I also know which arguments stand the best chance of getting you your license.

Talk To Me About How To Keep Your License

Work with Phil Morin Law Firm PLLC to protect your driving privileges. To schedule a consultation with me at my Pearland office, call 281-975-5924. You can also schedule an appointment via email.